Established in 1976, the National Pharmaceutical Services Association (NPSA) is the peak organisation representing full-line pharmaceutical wholesalers in Australia. Its Members distribute to all pharmacies throughout Australia, and carry and distribute the full range of PBS medicines sold in pharmacies.
- Ensure Australians enjoy equity of access to medicines with next day, if not same day, delivery;
- Provide facilities for rapid supply of urgent and emergency medication for patients via pharmacy;
- Provide supply chain redundancy for manufactures, pharmacies and patients when medicines are in short supply due to supply shortages, natural disasters or epidemic;
- Provide competitive options for pharmacists and their customers;
- Maintain quality, safety and efficiency standards within a compliant supply chain from medicine manufacturers through to pharmacies; and
- Keep medicines supply affordable for the community and for Government.
NPSA is a member of the Medicines Partnership of Australia.